CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tornadoes and Wind and Snow, Oh My!

Okay, I've lived in the Midwest for a long time, and I have seen a lot of crazy weather phenomena. I remember standing in my yard, dry as a bone, and watching it rain across the street. I've seen tornadoes and blizzards and all kinds of things. The saying in our neck of the woods is, "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes." I've never seen that saying be truer than it was today.

The day started out beautifully. It was in the 50s and sunny. It was kind of out of character for January to be honest. Then, all of a sudden, around 4:oo this afternoon, a storm blew up, which is also kind of weird for January. Then, wouldn't you know it, the tornado siren blew. Now, if it was April, May, or June, this would have been no big surprise to me. We have tornadoes all the time around here, but in January, it caught me off guard. So, we went to the hallway, and took all the precautions. And, as it usually goes, as soon as it had begun, it was over. Apparently, a police officer spotted a funnel cloud, and it did do some damage, power lines down and a semi blew over...that kind of thing. There was nothing too serious, and, as far as I've heard, no one was seriously injured.

As I said before, the day started out sunny and in the 50s. After that storm, the temperature dropped into the 20s and the wind is blowing like crazy. Now, they are saying we are probably going to be hit with a big snowstorm!

Ah, the Midwest...I guess it is true. If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes!

0 comments: