CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

God Works in Mysterious Ways

Isn't it amazing how God works? He always seems to give us just what we need just when we need it most.

A few weeks ago, I got in the car to run some errands. I got in, buckled my seat belt, all the same old same old. When I turned the car on, there was a sermon playing. This is not an uncommon occurrence in our car. My husband uses the car most of the time, and he listens to sermons a lot. Normally, I would have flipped off the tape player and turned on the radio, not because I don't enjoy a good sermon, quite the contrary. I just normally do not like to listen to sermons on the radio. I guess I find it boring if I cannot see the speaker. This time, however, I recognized the voice of the speaker as our pastor from Tennessee, Brother Nathan Wilkerson. Brother Nathan is a very good speaker, and I always enjoyed his sermons very much, and as I am a little bit homesick for Parkers Creek Baptist Church (the church we belonged to down in TN) I decided to go ahead and let the sermon play. I am glad I did. This particular sermon was entitled "Turning lemons into lemonade" or something to that effect. Anyway, it was about trials that Christians go through and how we should meet and handle the trials given to us. It was just what I needed!
If you've been keeping up with my life, you know that our youngest daughter, Kayleah, has a cyst on one of her bile ducts. Now, granted, it's not an extremely serious condition. It's removable, but the thought of my baby going through surgery and having to be in the hospital just kills me. Like any mommy would, I definitely worry about it. It's been weighing on my mind a lot because the surgery is scheduled for February 12, which means it just keeps getting closer and closer.

Now, I don't know if David left it playing on purpose, or if he was listening to it because it was something he needed as well. Maybe he was homesick too, and the sound of Brother Nathan's voice made him feel a little closer to home, or maybe it was simply that he picked out the tape and popped it in without really thinking about it. I don't really know. I just know that no matter why he left it playing in the tape player, I am glad he did. And I know that Providence had a hand in it as well. God meant that message for me. He wanted me to hear it, and I am glad that I made the decision to let it play. I needed it, and it fed and strengthened my soul.

God is amazing. He always meets us right where we are, and no matter where we are going, He has already been there. Everything is under His control, no matter how out of control it may seem. I am reminded of a children's song that most people know, "He has the Whole World in His Hands." What a simple song, but what a great reminder to us all. Lately, I am especially fond of the verse that says, "He has the tiny little babies in His hands." It reminds me that when I hold Kayleah, my hands are not the only ones cradling her because God is holding us both. What a comforting thought! When that surgeon has Kayleah on that table, ultimately, he is not in control, the Great Physician is. How awesome that is to know that I don't have to trust only in the doctors this Earth gives us, even though I am sure her surgeon is a great doctor, but I am a child of the Great Physician, the One who created life in the first place and gives it and takes it away. The One who made Kayleah and knows her even down to the number of hairs on her head. How awesome is that?!?!?!?

I don't know how people go through things like this without knowing Jesus. If you don't know Him, my wish is that you would ask Him into your life. If you want to know more about how to do this, go here....
http://www.sbc.net/knowjesus/theplan.asp Thanks for reading! May God bless you all in this New Year!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.