CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Schizophrenic Day

I call it a schizophrenic day because it went from one emotion to another. Tonight I went to the visitation for the mother of one of my high school friends. She passed away from cancer Thursday. It's terrible because she is so young. She was only about 51. I feel terrible her and her family. You might think that the saddest part to me is the thought of losing a mother. That thought did cross my mind, and I would be devastated. I love my mother very much. She is my best friend. The part that really bothered me though is thinking of Stefanie's (that's my friend) dad losing his spouse. He looked so lost. I feel terrible for him. I told David before I left that I don't know what I would do if I ever lost him, especially at a young age. I would be totally lost without him. I love him so much. Especially to lose him at the stage of life they are in, where there children are grown and probably going to get married and have babies soon. They should be enjoying time alone together again and enjoying the thought of having grandchildren to spoil soon. Instead her father is facing losing his wife. I just can't imagine it. It makes me want to just fall into David's arms and never leave for fear that something might happen to him. It makes me love him and appreciate him even more. It makes me want to just enjoy all the little things in life with him again. Please pray for the Mack family.

Okay, that was the sad part of my day. The happy part was that one of my other best friends from high school, Sarah, was there, and after the visitation we got to go to dinner and catch up. We had a great time, talking and laughing. It was so much fun. I don't get a whole lot of ladies nights out, so it meant a lot to me. It was great.

So all in all, I had a great day. I'm home with my family now, which is awesome too. David is off tonight, so we actually get to spend some time together. I am looking forward to it.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the Mack family. I'm glad you got to spend time with friends. Sort of recharges the batteries. :)